The April Club Couture is out and it is a great one! Vintage Typewriter: Aren't we
all just making it up as we go? And what a story we're writing!
How true is this?!? Especially right now with the pandemic that is going on now.
Heres what you get this month:
-Vintage Typewriter - B Sized Transfer
-Almond Paste Packet
-Ocean Mist Paste Packet
-Couture Coral Paste Packet
←Here is a example of how this transfer can be used and a how to guide on how to do it is below! Now lets get started!
Club Couture Transfer: Vintage Typewriter
Surface: Aiden White Frame (9" × 12")
Color and Placement for Club Couture: Vintage Typewriter
1. Typewriter: Ocean Mist
2. “Making it up as I go.”: Couture Coral
3. “Hi!”: Almond
Follow these instructions to complete the Club Couture project:
- Prepare your Chalk Transfer by removing it from the packaging and cut apart the individual elements.
- When you remove the backer from the Transfer screen, be sure to “fuzz” each element to gentle the adhesive by sticking the adhesive screen to a Fuzzing Cloth or terry cloth towel to pick up a bit of lint before applying it to your board.
- Position the typewriter element and smooth to adhere to your surface, ensuring there are no bubbles.
- Prepare your Chalkology Paste by kneading the packet, trimming off the corner, and squeezing the desired amount onto one of your Color Trays or another palette surface. Stir paste if using 3 US fl. oz. jar.
- Use a generous amount of Chalkology Paste on the Small Squeegee and smooth it over the Transfer (see color and placement suggestions).
- Once the screen portion of the design is completely covered, squeegee the excess paste off as evenly as possible and scrape unused paste back into the jar or palette. The more excess paste you remove, the better the result.
- Carefully peel back the Transfer before the paste dries and immediately put it in water to clean thoroughly. Once clean, let dry with the sticky side up.
- For best results, wash and dry each Transfer element and the squeegee before reusing.
- Allow sufficient dry time of your surface (or use a hairdryer to speed drying) before adding additional elements.
- Proceed with the word elements of your design. Line up the Transfer elements as desired.
- Repeat these basic techniques with the rest of your design. You may want to use a Mini Squeegee for the smaller elements.
- Once all the Transfer elements are clean and dry, reapply all backers and store flat.
Want to see a video on how this example is made: Click Here!
Love your Club Couture membership, but want more to use them on? Get a Kickstart kit!
This kit has everything you need to make starting your creative adventure easy. Grab it now, because it's available at this price only with your initial Club Couture subscription. Small Squeegee Multi-Tool Board Eraser (2-Pack) Chalkology Paste Bright White (3 oz.) Couture Gallery™ Board (9” x 12”) Couture Boutique Board & Base.
Wanna shop for some Chalk Couture stuff? Click here to check out all the amazing items!
And as always, help a sister out by sharing this post, like it and leave me a comment!